“Leadership Coaching is a helping relationship formed between a Client who has managerial authority and responsibility in an organization and a Leadership Coach who uses a wide variety of behavioral techniques and methods to assist the client achieve a mutually identified set of goals to improve his professional performance and personal satisfaction and consequently to improve the effectiveness of the client’s organization within a formally defined coaching agreement.”
Leadership Coaching is based on a collaborative relationship among the Leader, his Boss, his Human Resources Manager, and a Leadership Coach.
Some of the reasons our clients choose Leadership Coaching include:
• Develop greater competency in leadership
• Manage conflict and difficult interpersonal dynamics
• Improve emotional intelligence
• Lead and coach direct reports
How Leadership Coaching differs from Consulting and Mentoring?
• Leadership Coaching: Focuses on setting goals, creating outcomes and managing personal change.
• Consulting: Individuals or organizations retain consultants for their expertise. While consulting approaches vary widely, the assumption is the consultant will diagnose problems and prescribe and, sometimes, implement solutions. With coaching, the assumption is that individuals or teams are capable of generating their own solutions, with the coach supplying supportive, discovery-based approaches and frameworks.
• Mentoring: A mentor is an expert who provides wisdom and guidance based on his or her own experience. Mentoring may include advising, counseling and coaching. The coaching process does not include advising or counseling, and focuses instead on individuals or groups setting and reaching their own objectives.
Before we proceed to the Leadership Coaching engagement with our clients, we recommend the use of psychometric assessments, including 360 assessments and behavioral work styles assessments, which are excellent tools to improve self-awareness, stress-management, team and relationship management.
What to look for in a Leadership Coach?
Partnering with a Coach who maintains a holistic view of credentialing and experience is an important key. Look for a coach who values these credentials, has an extensive Coaching experience, and holds advanced academic degrees.
Leadership Coaching is a major investment for your organization, so you want to make sure that you are doing business with a coach who’s looking out for your best interest. While our Master Coach is certified by the ICF and the Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching, he does have a proven track record for our clients’ success.
Why Leadership Coaching credentials matter?
With the rise of Coaching’s popularity in the last quite a few years, the number of practicing Coaches has grown exponentially. When you hire a Leadership Coach without checking their credentials, it’s a little bit of a gamble. You don’t truly know if you are dealing with a professional or someone who knows as much about Coaching as you do.
About ICF (International Coach Federation)
Though there are many different Coaching schools that issue their own credentials, there’s only one independent credentialing body in the industry that sets the standard for what coaching is and isn’t: the International Coach Federation (ICF).
People who adhere to the ICF’s credentials can be identified by the letters that come after their name in their job title. Only individuals with the initials ACC, PCC, or MCC are considered certified coaches.
The ICF takes certification seriously. These threshold levels signal hundreds and even thousands of hours of experience, training, and testing accomplished. Additionally, credentials must be maintained year to year, and candidates need to routinely provide documented proof that they’re still actively meeting the ICF’s strict standards.
Empowering Leaders to create their own Leadership legacy
Impact Consulting makes Leaders the stars of their own success. By helping Leaders see themselves from an outsider’s perspective, we can guide and challenge them to excel well beyond their set expectations.
Focused and committed to work with you every step of the way, we partner with you from project conception to execution to resolution.
Our competitive advantage is that we are flexible as to how Coaching sessions are conducted and offer Zoom video conferencing or Skype call alternatives to in-person meetings. This helps us cater to the schedules of our clients who travel frequently, ensuring that they always receive personal as well as professional Coaching attention.